Are you interested in writing for The Wayward Home?
We’re so happy you stopped by and are interested in writing for The Wayward Home. We love featuring stories of others living alternatively in campervans, RVs, boats or tiny homes.
We’re looking for guest posts meant to inspire or inform our readers. Many people have a hard time jumping into alternative living, so the more we make this a social norm, the better.
(PLEASE READ!! We do not accept guest posts from companies or businesses looking to promote a product. If we get a request like this it will be deleted immediately. If you’re a product or a brand looking for a sponsorship opportunity, please see our Work With Us page)
Keep in mind that we only accept blog posts from people currently living an alternative lifestyle, or have done so in the past.
What we’re looking for
Please let us know what you want to write about – we are open to suggestions! Here are some general guidelines of topics we like the most:
- Inspirational stories about your life in a van, RV, sailboat or tiny home
- Downsizing and minimalism stories
- Tips-based articles on van life, RVing, sailboats or tiny homes
- Any struggles you’ve faced going tiny and how you fixed them
- Anything you think of – pitch us!
General Guest Post Guidelines
If you want to write a guest post for The Wayward Home, here are some general guidelines:
- Articles must be at least 1,000 words
- Please be familiar with web copy, e.g. sub-headings and short paragraphs
- Submit your own photography along with the article – we love photos of your tiny home and yourself
- Send in a short bio and headshot along with your article
- Make sure you use good spelling and grammar! If the article isn’t up to par, we’ll return it
- You can add one link back to one of your articles within the body text of your post
- No affiliate links allowed
- Submit your post via Google Docs or Word Document
Get in touch with a pitch
So, you want to submit a guest post?
Please send along your idea to kristin [at] thewaywardhome [dot] com.
Please don’t send over a written post before you query.
Thanks so much for wanting to write for us! We appreciate your stories and insight.
Have a great day!