*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.
Do you want to downsize your stuff to live in a campervan, RV, sailboat or tiny home? Do you feel overwhelmed by the process and don’t know where to start?
But getting there isn’t easy!
As a society, we’ve accumulated so much stuff that the idea of going through it, sorting it, and donating, or throwing it away is so overwhelming that many never even attempt it.
- Today, 25% of American homeowners can’t fit a car inside their 2-car garage.
- The average American spends 55 minutes a day (that’s 12 days per year), looking for things they know they own, but can’t find.
- And 80% of what we own, we never use. Think about that!
Downsizing your life will take dedication, encouragement and grit, but you can do it. You’ll feel way more freedom, like you’ve been set free. Plus, if you want to live tiny, getting rid of stuff is just something you have to do.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST:
Don’t see your preferred podcast player? Click here for more options.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- How to get rid of your emotional attachment to stuff
- Where to begin when it comes to downsizing your life, house and garage
- What to do with boxes and boxes of photo albums
- Why you shouldn’t even think about getting a storage unit, unless for this one exception
- How to figure out which clothes to get rid of
Who is Downsizing Expert and Sailor Chris DiCroce?
Chris and his wife Melody downsized in 2012 out of their Nashville home to move onto a small sailboat. They’ve since sailed all over the East Coast and the Caribbean.
Now, Chris is a #1 Amazon bestselling author, speaker, and online course creator.
His flagship course, Downsizing For a Tiny Life will show you…
- How to immediately identify what can be thrown away without guesswork or thought. Just toss it!
- How to change your “attachment” mindset so you can confidently assess what items no longer fit into your life, and how to respectfully (and willingly) let them go.
- What to do with the big-ticket items that you spent so much money on (this tip alone could save you over $1,000 per year!).
- The secrets to successfully selling your stuff (and making way more than you would have without them).
- How to manage your digital assets (just because they aren’t taking up physical room doesn’t mean they’re not taking up mental energy!).
- This course could pay for itself in 1 month, just based on what you could save on storage units alone!
You can also check our Chris’ ebook:
Downsizing is one of the hardest parts about moving into a tinier home! What do you do with all your stuff? I know the author, Chris DiCroce, personally. He and his wife went from a house to a sailboat, and know all the top secrets to downsizing. Unless an RVer or van lifer currently lives in a cupboard under the stairs, they likely have to adjust to life in an RV. Whether they're traveling for a weekend or full-time, it can be challenging to acclimate to the new environment. This book offers plenty of advice and insight on how to downsize one's lifestyle, meaning that the transition will be much smoother. Plus, it comes in an ebook version, making it available on Audible.
Chris has helped countless people ditch the confines of having too much stuff to pursue a simpler life. His actionable tips and tricks can be applied to any downsizing situation.
You can also follow Chris and his writing over on his website: https://chrisdicroce.com
Did you find my podcast helpful?
How to subscribe to the show:
- Head to your favorite podcast player.
- Search for “The Wayward Home”.
- Find it.
- Hit Subscribe – You’re Done!
Other podcast episodes to check out: