Ever wonder how people get started living in a van? What was it like? What type of van did they choose and why? How can you get into a van yourself?
Starting van life can be overwhelming. You’re moving out of a comfortable house and into a vehicle, a practice that’s often looked down upon, and sometimes even illegal. Like me, you might feel like an outsider, not knowing where to park and worrying about that dreaded nighttime knock.
Van life is full of freedom and adventure, of nature and beauty, but it can also be a bit stressful. If you want to get started with living in a van, this episode is for you.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST:
Don’t see your preferred podcast player? Click here for more options.
How to subscribe to the show?
- Head to your favorite podcast player.
- Search for “The Wayward Home”.
- Find it.
- Hit Subscribe – You’re Done!
In this episode, we cover:
- How I started van life by living in a tiny Toyota Prius with my partner Tom
- A tour of my 1994 Chevy Astro camper, my very first van
- Why I love living in a van + some of the things I miss about traditional housing
- A little bit about my sailboat, a CT-41 ketch
- 4 tips if you’re considering living van life yourself
- What The Wayward Home podcast is all about and what you can expect from future episodes
Resources Mentioned in the Show:
- Fantastic Fan 12-Volt Roof Vent
- ARB Portable Refrigerator
- Flexible Solar Panels
- The Wayward Home Facebook Group
- The Escapees Community
More Van Life Articles:
Here are some articles to get you started:
- The Best 13 Vans to Live In for Van LIfe
- Our Favorite Affordable Campervans for under $25K
- How to Get Mail on the Road
- How to Become a South Dakota Resident in 6 Easy Steps
- Is it Illegal to Sleep in Your Car?
- How to get WiFi in a Van
Download my FREE Van Life Starter Kit:
Or just shoot me a note: Kristin [at] thewaywardhome.com
I’m looking forward to hearing from you!
Do You Find my Podcast Helpful?
Other episodes to check out: