*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.
Are you wondering how to go to the bathroom in a van? Should you try a composting toilet, a bucket with a bag, or just digging a hole?
In this episode of The Wayward Home podcast, we’re exploring all the ways you can go to the bathroom in a van with Engineers Who Van Life.
Give the episode a listen:
Subscribe to The Wayward Home Podcast here:
Table of Contents
What We Cover in Episode 23 of The Wayward Home Podcast
- Why Colby and Eric started living in a campervan in the first place, and how they built out two different vans
- How their first toilet was a self-built composting toilet with a three-gallon bucket the same diameter as a five-gallon bucket and built a box around it with a lid and toilet seat.
- How they ended up using a bag for number two and saving oat milk cartons for number ones
- How to properly choose the right bags for number two
- How pee bottles are an important van life tool and can be found in everyday grocery stores, you should replace it every couple of weeks
- Their review of the Cuddy composting toilet and how to use it
- How to properly dig a hole in the wilderness
- How Eric and Colby shower inside their van
- How to build a van interior out of 8020 extruded aluminum
About Colby and Eric of Engineers Who Van Life
Colby and Eric, collectively known as the engineers who van life, are full time vanlifers who love to bring their engineering mindset to the van life space. They have DIYed 2 conversion vans so far and provides in depth guides, and well as van build consulting, so others can do the same!
You can find Colby and Eric at the below links:
Links mentioned in this podcast:
- Cuddy composting toilet
- Cuddy review
- Shower in a Bench Design plans
- 101 Guide to Building with 8020
- Collapsible bucket toilet