*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.
Starting van life can be challenging. There’s so much to learn! From where to park and sleep, to how to stock your kitchen, to dumping black tanks if you have a Class B RV that comes with those.
The learning curve can be pretty big, and we’ve all had those moments where we aren’t sure what we’re doing.
I interviewed Our Mixed Journey for this episode of The Wayward Home podcast, which is a rebroadcast from the Van Life Virtual Summit. You can still get an All Access Pass for the summit, which includes over 30 videos on so many aspects of van life, from solar and electrical, to how to make money on the road, to living out of a car instead of a van, etc.
Give the episode a listen:
Subscribe to The Wayward Home Podcast here:
Table of Contents
What We Cover in Episode 28 of The Wayward Home Podcast
- How Gabe and Rocio started out in a huge RV, but then transitioned to a smaller Class B RV, basically a campervan
- Why they chose a Class B RV rather than doing a DIY campervan build or going with an upfitter
- Tips for dumping a black tank in an RV
- Tips for first time boondockers
- Water conservation tips when you are boondocking in a campervan
- What it’s like cooking in such a small space
- Planning and navigating van life with so many unknowns, including the weather
- How to live van life with dogs
- And more!
About Our Mixed Journey
Hi, we’re Gabe and Rocio Rivero, and along with our dogs Wilson and Journey, we tour the US in search of beautiful places to document and share as Our Mixed Journey.
Our hope is to inspire others to get out into nature as we travel around in our Thor Sequence 20L, Vinnie. Vinnie is a class B van. We full-timed on the road for 4 years, and although we now have a homebase, we still spend about half the year on the road.
As digital nomads, we’re able work, hike, bike, and do countless outdoor activities all over the US, with different beautiful places as a backyard to our home on wheels. Simply put, we love nature and all it encompasses. We’re also foodies who run on strong coffee.